Stanley Eguma

After drawing at home to Plateau United in the League on Match day 16, the management of Rivers United FC issued a press statement suspending the coach, Stanley Eguma for one game.

The reason they cited was reporting to the stadium eighteen minutes after the game against Plateau United kicked off.

And of course, following this development, Eguma will not be part of the United team for this weekend’s NPFL game against Gombe United in Gombe.

This got tongues wagging especially on Social Media as people were surprised that a coach could arrive at his own game in the 18th minute.

Some thought there could be more to it than just the day’s game, after all, “who was doing the time keeping to ascertain the number of minutes.”

But what many do not know is that, the man, Stanley Eguma is not new to late coming for games and training sessions.

Here we have the top 6 Stanley Eguma moments of lateness

Heartland v Dolphins 2015

This game was live on television and at twenty minutes to kick off time, the Supersports TV crew needed to conduct pitch side interviews with the two coaches.

When they were through with the Heartland coach, they noticed Stanley Eguma was not in the vicinity yet.

After the television crew waited a bit, assistant, John Apollo wanted to fill up for him before he eventually came into the stadium.

Coton Sports v Dolphins 2012

This was in in CAF Champions League and the game was played in Garoua, Cameroon.

Eguma stayed back in the hotel when the team left for the Stadium and at the time the game kicked off he was nowhere near the stadium.

A few minutes after the game kicked off, he finally found his way into the stadium and took his place on the bench.

Dolphins lost that game 1-0 and crashed out of the Champions League on away goals rule as the 1st leg ended 2-1.

Warri Wolves v Dolphins 2011

Dolphins lost this game played at the Warri City Stadium and Ekigho Ehiosun was at the top of his game getting a goal and two assists in that one, but the talking point was not the Warri Wolves striker.

The head coach of Dolphins, FC, Stanley Eguma was so late for the game that he did not see the first two goals conceded by his team.

Kano Pillars v Dolphins 2002

This was the quarter final of the FA Cup in Calabar and it was Dolphins v Kano Pillars.

That was the era of group stage in the FA Cup and Dolphins had won the group, returned to Port Harcourt for a few league matches and were back in Calabar for the quarter final clash against Kano Pillars.

Dolphins arrived in Calabar on Monday and the game was to be played on Saturday.

Stanley Eguma was head coach of the team and his assistant was Ere Dokubo.

Eguma did not arrive in Calabar until Saturday morning, the day of the match. Dolphins lost that game to Pillars.

FC Taraba V Dolphins

Dolphins left for Jalingo for the League game against FC Taraba and the coach, Stanley Eguma chose to fly rather than take the road trip with the team.

The game was billed for May 20, 2015 and and the team arrived in Jalingo two days before the game.

Eguma was expected the next day, the eve of the game but he did not show up.

As the team left for the Stadium for the game, Stanley Eguma had not arrived in Jalingo from Port Harcourt.

Dolphins were 1-0 up in the 82nd minute of the game when Eguma walked in and took his place on the bench.

The game eventually ended 1-1

Maybe, the one match suspension for getting to the stadium eighteen minutes after kick off was borne out of accumulated offences than just this one game against Plateau United.

Have your say. We'd love to know what you think.