SKE FC still lead the PH City League on as teams go into the final matchday after beating Port Harcourt United 3-0 on Tuesday.

Four matches were decided on Tuesday to conclude the Match Day 14 games in the League.

Glodek FC were decimated by a resurgent Abali United in a six-goal thriller. Despite starting on a good footing, Glodek had off-target efforts that didn’t trouble the goalkeeper in the opening 20 minutes.

A goalkeeping blunder by Joel Woke on the 22nd minute to hack down Chika Okwuodu for a penalty to Abali United paved the way for Esono Brown to power past the goalkeeper for the opener from 12 yards.

Having been the highest scoring side in the league, Glodek came back at the restart via a looping header by their hitman, Saviour Joshua.

Chigozie Igo captained the Abali side having scored previously in two matches. He stylishly rewarded Coach Kennedy Nyeche for the gesture when he displayed his finest trademark on the 49th minute. He outruns his marker and is guided with a left-foot blast from just inside the area to restore the lead. Abali extended the lead with a strike by Chika Okwuodu into the top corner.

At the hour-mark, Daniel Oguama scored a peach of beauty to lob beyond the goalkeeper for the second to Glodek. Abali nailed the game with a fine header by Chinda Kaka into the net. Saviour Joshua and Friday Otto tried to stage a comeback but their attempts were successfully saved by Richard Solomon.

Coach Kennedy Nyeche said his Abali side is expecting to finish in the top eight. “It’s a game we had to win to qualify for the top four. We went to the drawing board to ensure that we got the result.”

Coach Emmanuel Amaechi of Glodek has this to say. ” It’s an unexpected game we needed to win. We will fight till the last game to avoid relegation at the end of the season.”

Salvation Boys in quest for 3rd place finish

Salvation Boys continued their quest to finish third with a 2-1 narrow win over Ororo FC. Ororo FC suffered back to back defeat in the league for the first time against an attacking Salvation Boys.

Ororo FC had flashed at goal with two goalscoring chances. Johnson Para saw his effort sail wide before Samuel Ebuka’s failed to connect cleanly with a low driven shot. Salvation whose unique way of running through the channels sparked to life on the half-hour mark. An uninvolved Muri Saka clipped an excellent pass through to Boma Damiete to latch brilliantly past the goalkeeper.

At the other end, a swift counter-attack by Gerald Parah ended in Kabiri Rami handling in his box for a penalty. Smart Ochuka stepped up and restored parity. Just before the break, the Ororo FC technical area went berserk when they thought they had taken the lead. Beautiful goalkeeping by Emmanuel Wisdom tipped off Gerald Parah’s stunning header.

Boma Damiete was at his very best as he provided options in the final third. His penetrating runs were curtailed by great defending and a fabulous stop by Stephen Godwin in goal. Against the run of play, substitute Pere Jackson unleashed a belter from 25 yards with five minutes left as an excited Coach Toku Mike pumped his fists towards the skies and beamed with delight.

“It’s a game we wanted to win and we pushed on to get the victory and hopefully we end up in the third or fourth position on the log.” Coach Toku Mike said after the game.

Boring Elekahia United beat Ambassadors FC

A drab game between Ambassadors FC and Elekahia United only provided a goal that came at the death via Emmanuel Tamuno’s header. Ambassadors FC who were without their key players pegged their opponents in their half but a lapse in concentration in the final moments cost them the point.

A dissatisfied Tamuno Abraham West bemoaned his lads for conceding the late goal. “It’s very painful because a split of concentration cost us to lose the match. We will come back stronger to avoid relegation.”

SKE FC moved a step closer to emerge champions with a 3-0 victory over Port Harcourt United. Chukwura Nnabuife found himself in space in the area to slot home from a pass by Prince Honesty to open the scoring in the 20th minute.

Immediately after the restart, a heavy downpour and windfall delayed the game for 12 minutes. The game resumed on a slippery pitch with SKE scoring two goals. Leading sharpshooter, Tony Obia got a brace to see him register 15 goals in the league.

The final round of matches will be decided on Thursday, 17th December 2020 at Joseph Yobo Mini Stadium in D/Line.

Have your say. We'd love to know what you think.